The effective and positive health advantages connected to orange tea are believed to be quite potent. The benefits are primarily derived from the various tea components as well as its orange fruit and juice components.
Orange tea is the term used to refer to a type of flavored tea that is made up typically of a black tea base that has been infused with orange flavor (usually from orange juice), and garnished with dried orange pieces and orange peel. Orange tea has a citrusy aroma and has a slightly tangy taste.
The orange is a citrus fruit with finely-textured skins whose thickness differs according to the variety. The fruit has a pulpy and juicy flesh. The diameter of the orange fruit typically ranges from two to three inches.
Orange tea benefits can be derived and enjoyed through these methods:
- Simply place about a teaspoon of ready-made loose leaf orange tea in a cup or mug of newly-boiled water and allow to steep for about 3 to 4 minutes. Discard the leaves and then drink. To sweeten the tea, add a hint of honey or sugar.
- Dunk one orange teabag into a mug of newly-boiled water and allow to steep for about 3 to 4 minutes. Discard the teabag and then drink.
This tea’s benefits come from the healthy constituents of the black tea leaves as well as from its orange flavoring and fruit constituents. Black tea is abundant in antioxidants like catechins and quercetin. It is likewise rich in amino acids, minerals (such as magnesium and potassium) and vitamins (like vitamins B, C and E).
Meanwhile, the orange fruit also possesses countless health benefits that come from the wealth of nutrients that are found in its flesh, and even in the peel. Some of these nutrients include:
– Vitamin C
– Vitamin A
Apart from these nutrients, oranges also contain antioxidants and other phytonutrient compounds such as citrus flavonones (e.g. herperidin), anthocyanins and other polyphenols. Together, these healthy components in fruit are believed to be responsible for its anti-inflammatory, anti-cancer, anti-diabetes and anti-cholesterol properties.
Beneath are some benefits connect to this flavored drink:
- May help lower the risk for certain cancers.
- May help lower the risk for various heart and cardiovascular diseases.
- May help ward off viruses and bacteria.
- May be helpful against asthma.
- May help fight osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis.
- Oranges are said to help prevent kidney stones.
- May help control blood sugar levels and thus may be helpful for those with diabetes.
- Oranges are thought to help combat ulcers.
- The phytochemicals found in fruits such as oranges are potent aids to overall health.