The health benefits of Burdock tea are slowly but surely being recognized throughout the world.
Burdock is an herb whose roots, leaves and seeds may be alternatively used as an infusion, decoction, extract, tincture and ointment.
The presence of high amounts of inulin and mucilage, as well as bitter constituents in the roots, are what explains many of Burdock tea’s health-giving properties.
Among these health benefits are:
- The tea has a soothing effect on the skin and gastrointestinal tract;
- The tea is known to improve appetite and digestion
- Has been shown to possess anti-microbial agents that may help reduce liver damage
- Has the ability to mildly lower blood sugar (hypoglycemic effect)
- Its an excellent agent in blood-purifying;
- Very useful in fighting the effects of rheumatism;
- May help in the treatment of some kidney disorders;
- May help counter bronchial cough and other irritations of the pulmonary tract.
Many people agree that this tea has a curiously unique flavor. By slowly sipping this brew one can immediately feel its soothing effects.