The health benefits of Angelica tea are quite well-known in the field of herbal medicine for some time now. In fact, the Angelica plant has a long folk-history of use as a medicinal herb, in particular for the treatment of digestive disorders and problems with blood circulation.
Angelica is a flowering plant that’s related to carrots, dill and fennel. Angelica has an intense yet sweet aroma. It is the European cousin of the more familiar Chinese plant dong-quai.
Angelica Tea is typically made by adding one cup of boiling water to one teaspoon of dried angelica roots and steeping the mix for at least 10 minutes. Some suggest drinking 1/3 cup of angelica tea 30 minutes before each meal.
It is advised that pregnant women should not use angelica. People taking angelica should also try to avoid excess sun exposure, as angelica can increase the sensitivity of skin to light.
Here are some of the health benefits of angelica tea:
- May help improve digestion.
- May also help relax intestinal muscles, and can help relieve mild cramps, bloating, and flatulence.
- May help treat the pain of hacking cough, menstrual crams and urinary tract infections.
- May help in treating tumors, boils and furuncles.
- May help alleviate swollen gums.
- May help treat anorexia nervosa, cystitis and bronchitis