The advantages of drinking White Monkey tea arrive from the wealth of antioxidants present in the camellia sinensis plant. This is the plant in which all types of green tea are processed from.
White monkey tea is a type of green tea that is cultivated in the Taimu Mountains of the Northern Fujian province of China. The leaves of the white monkey tea are large, have white-colored tips, and are covered in a fine and fuzzy layer of hair.
White monkey tea is typically plucked between the first and fourth week of April, that is during early spring season. Only the tip buds and one leaf are plucked and low withered, maintaining the white down. These young leaves of the white monkey tea are then meticulously gathered and manually shaped into an appearance that is bent, stout and brimming with white tips all over.
The Northern Fujian region is known for the high quality teas that it produces. This is mainly due to its conducive climate that combines mild temperatures with plentiful rainfall and high elevations.
According to an old Chinese legend, there were many wild tea trees near a big temple in the Taimu mountains. However, these were said to be too high to reach. It took the monkeys living around the temple to climb the trees and this helped the monks to pick the tea leaves. This is said to be where the name of this type of green tea came from.
To make a nice cup of white monkey tea, simply place two teaspoons of loose white monkey tea leaves in a cup of moderate size and infuse in hot water that’s about 65 to 76 degrees centigrade.
White monkey tea has a clear and bright appearance with an intricately sweet and delicate taste.
Here are a few health benefits derived from white monkey tea:
- Seen to be an immunity strengthener that fights viruses.
- Claimed to decrease cardiovascular disease risks by lowering both bad cholesterol levels and blood pressure.
- Considered to prevent the development of tumors and lower the risk of certain cancers.
- Could help fight plaque and other damages to the teeth.
- Believed to delay the symptoms associated with aging.
- May help with attempts towards lose weight.
- May assist the maintenance of overall well-being.