The favored health effects obtained from Kai Hua Long Ding tea come from the antioxidants found in the camellia sinensis plant, where this particular variety of green tea and all other kinds of green tea are born from.
Kai Hua Long Ding tea is a green tea type that comes from Kai Hua county in the northwestern area of Zhejiang Province in China, one of the largest tea-producing provinces in that country.
Kai Hua Long Ding tea (translated as “Dragon Top”) is made from the new leaves of exceptionally good quality strong tea plants in the unique traditional way. After its processing, Kai Hua Long Ding tea looks straight and elegant in appearance. The leaves are thick and are about 5 millimeters long.
The tea has been in production since about the middle of the 20 th century but it wasn’t until 1985 that it was recognized as one of China’s more famous teas. Since then, the provincial government has worked hard to promote this tea and as a consequence, its popularity has grown steadily throughout China and the world.
Kai Hua Long Ding tea has a mild and vegetal aroma reminiscent of green beans. It gives off a clear, light yellow color when steeped in hot water. It has a slight and medium bodied flavor with a grassy tinge. It also has a mildly bittersweet aftertaste.
To enjoy Kai Hua Long Ding tea, place about 8 grams of leaves in a 150 ml container of water. Get water to about 165°F. Steep it for about 3 minutes, then strain. Be sure to sip it slowly.
When it is steeped in hot water, the leaves have a tendency of standing upright in the water. This is said to indicate very good quality.
Beneath are among some health benefits of Kai Hua Long Ding:
- Thought to reduce the risk of heart and other cardiovascular diseases.
- Could decrease the risk for tumors and cancer.
- Appears to boost our immune system by assisting in the battle against viruses and bacteria.
- Said to strengthen teeth and bones.
- Used in the efforts towards losing weight.
- Claimed to help relieve stress.
- Counted as helping prevent cavities.
- Believed to boost alkalinity levels of the body.
- Can help in fighting inflammation and diseases related to it.