The positive effects of consuming Dao Ren tea are gotten mainly from the antioxidant compounds which are naturally found in the camellia sinensis plant, the plant where it and all varieties of green tea originate.
Dao ren tea is a delicate green tea type that originates from the Dao Ren peak in Zhejiang province of China. It has a pronounced grass-like flavor with a tinge of nuttiness, woodiness and smokiness. It has caffeine content. Dao ren tea is typically hand plucked during the spring harvest.
Dao Ren is named for the Taoist priests who meditated upon the mountain in ancient times. They cultivated the tea garden and used the tea to help in their contemplation and meditation.
Dao ren green tea is packed with antioxidants. Like other types of green tea, its principal antioxidant component is epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG), which imparts a host of health benefits.
To make dao ren tea, place a teaspoon of the dried leaves in a 225 ml mug. Pour in newly boiled water and let the mix stand for about 2 to 3 minutes before serving. For second steeping, increasing soaking time to about 5 minutes.
Following are some positive benefits bestowed by Dao Ren tea:
- May assist in the prevention of cardiovascular diseases such as heart attacks and strokes.
- May aid in preventing the growth of cancers and tumors.
- Seen to strengthen the immune system.
- Believed to be useful in the treatment of diabetes.
- May help in dieting efforts.
- May be helpful in repairing skin damage.
- Can help in fighting tooth decay.
- Said to help clear the mind.