The health benefits of the Ancient Forest tea variety are well-known to black tea connoisseurs all over the world.
Ancient Forest tea is a black tea blend that comes from strands of protected ancient camellia sinensis tea plants found in the Blue Mountains of the Yunnan province of southwest China. These tea plants typically range in age from 500 to 2,700 years old.
Ancient Forest tea is said to possess a smooth and creamy flavor that betrays a tinge of amber, cedar and honey. This dark-colored tea has a deeply-penetrating aroma and a full-bodied and earthy taste.
Ancient forest tea has a light to medium content of caffeine. To enjoy the tea, simply steep a tablespoon of the dried tea in a cup of newly-boiled water for about 3 to 5 minutes.
This tea may be taken straight or with milk. However, it is important to note that milk may reduce the potency of the antioxidants contained in the tea.
The health benefits of ancient forest tea are derived from that of the camellia sinensis plant upon which it came from.
The following are the health benefits attributed to ancient forest tea:
- It may help prevent high blood pressure and thus, decrease the risk for cardiovascular diseases.
- May help reduce the likelihood of cancer.
- May help combat tooth decay.
- May assist in burning fat.
- Can strengthen the immune system to help protect the body from viruses that may cause a host of diseases, like coughs, colds, flu, diarrhea, cystitis and skin infections.
- May help protect from inflammatory ailments like arthritis.